Thursday, September 10, 2009

ball of nerves

Me. I am a ball of nerves at this very moment. WP and I have decided to move onto the next step in our lives and attempt to buy a house. We are property virgins (aside from our vehicles and the trailer). He went to the bank last week and got the paperwork for a mortgage loan. We found a house in town (Waynesboro) that was 3 bedroom, 2 bath, very nice, pool, fenced yard, the whole nine yards. They were asking 30k more than what we wanted to spend. Mind you, we aren't sure how much we're approved for. We are just looking at our income and guessing. I'm sure there's a better way of approaching this house hunting situation. Anyway, a coworker of his who had a contract drawn up on a house in Clara (where we currently reside). WP and the coworker began talking and WP informed the fellow that we liked the house in Clara. His coworker said he really didn't want to live in Clara, but would rather live in town. That conversation happened yesterday. I got an email from the real estate agent this AM saying that the house in Clara is back on the market. WP's coworker cancelled his contract on the house in Clara this morning. I called the bank and set up an appointment for a preapproval mortgage amount and I will be leaving to meet the bank lady in one hour. I went and looked inside the house in Clara an hour ago. It's perfectly small for a nice family of 4. It has everything we need, but nothing more. The real estate agent said she's showing it to 2 more couples within the next 24 hours. I feel like I must make a bid on the house immediately or I'm going to lose it. If I lose that house I will lose my mind! I have gone by that house and looked through the windows (rather longingly) at least 6 times since I found it a month ago. Pathetic.
WP is supposed to be going to Laurel tonight for a 9th grade football game. I don't think it's required because he coaches JV and Varsity so maybe he can go look at the inside of the house this evening. Please keep us in your prayers. May the Lord's will be done. Seems too good to be true. I was devastated when I found out his coworker had signed a contract on this house a few weeks ago because I was in love with it.
DEEEEP BREATH...

No comments:

Post a Comment